5.11.2009

El Dorado Hotel & El Dorado Kitchen

I found {El Dorado Hotel / El Dorado Kitchen} in Sonoma, CA online last week and after checking out their menu I decided to make reservations for brunch on Mother's Day (today). From the pictures I saw on their site - of the restaurant, food, and hotel - I thought it would be pretty good. "Pretty good" is a complete understatement. This place was AMAZING - down to every single little detail. The food was phenomenal - unbelievably delicious flavors and the presentation of each dish was sensational! The interior design, architecture, and overall ambiance was perfect. The branding and design elements were impeccable - they did not leave out a single detail! From the bottles of water, the embossed leather menus, business cards, the piece of branded parchment paper that kept the butter dish covered, the fact that the tables each had a tall lamp next to them instead of the cliche candles on the table, salt and pepper mills instead of the usual shakers, the outfits worn by the servers and chefs were all cohesive with their logo on the shirt sleave (not overdone in the center of the shirt) and the chefs worse hats with the logo embroydered. I am blown away and cannot wait to go back and try lunch or dinner! I would give this 6 out of 5 stars :) It was a designers heaven. How cool is that work of art made with small twigs?? And the arrangement of green and white (my favorite) ceramics placed on the shelves in the lounge area of the hotel...I can go on and on but I think you got the point. If you are ever in Sonoma, CA - it is an absolute must that you do not leave without trying this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment